Our Safety Commitment
Pepco Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates are committed to excellence in workplace safety. We believe that there is no job or activity so important that it cannot be accomplished in a safe manner. Safety is our most important corporate value and it is our goal that all employees work accident and injury-free every day. At PHI, each employee is responsible for their own safety and the safety of fellow employees, our contractors and the public. To achieve our goals, we:
- Work to achieve zero accidents and injuries in all aspects of our business operations.
- Conduct all activities responsibly and in a manner that promotes the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and the communities in which we do business.
- Assess our safety performance on a regular basis, and at all levels of the company.
- Provide appropriate resources to implement and maintain safety programs and incorporate safety into the business planning process.
- Foster employee wellness through education and employee involvement.
- Promote open and proactive communications relative to workplace safety with our employees, contractors, regulatory agencies, public officials, and customers.
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local occupational safety and health laws and regulations in the communities in which we do business.
- Work with our suppliers and contractors to ensure that the products and services that they provide meet our safety standards.