Introduction to Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI)
PHI is an energy holding company engaged in regulated utility operations and sale of competitive energy products and services to residential and commercial customers. PHI delivers electricity and natural gas to more than 1.9 million customers in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, and New Jersey, making it one of the largest electricity delivery companies in the mid-Atlantic region.
PHI's family of energy-related businesses includes:
- Pepco is a regulated electric utility delivering electricity to more than 778,000 customers in Washington, D.C., and its Maryland suburbs.
- Delmarva Power is a regulated electric and gas utility serving more than 498,000 customers in Delaware and the rest of the Delmarva Peninsula.
- Atlantic City Electric is a regulated electric utility serving nearly 547,000 customers in southern New Jersey.
(Delmarva Power and Atlantic City Electric previously operated under the brand name Conectiv Power Delivery.)
- Pepco Energy Services is a leading provider of deregulated energy and energy-related services for residential, small business and large commercial customers.
- Potomac Capital Investment manages a portfolio of financial investments, primarily energy leveraged leases.