The vision for Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is to be the premier energy delivery and services company in the mid-Atlantic region through employees focused on customer service, reliability and profitability.
PHI's business strategy is to be a top-performing, regulated power delivery company focused on:
- investing in transmission and distribution infrastructure to improve reliability of electric service;
- building a smarter grid to automate certain functions on the electric system, restore power more efficiently and provide customers detailed energy information to help them control their energy use;
- investing in advanced technology, new processes and personnel to enhance the customer experience during power restoration, including delivering enhanced customer communications;
- pursuing a regulatory strategy that results in earning reasonable rates of return and timely cost recovery of our investments;
- growing our energy services business by providing comprehensive energy management solutions and developing, installing and operating renewable energy solutions; and
- demonstrating our core values of safety, diversity and environmental stewardship through our business approaches and tangible business practices and outcomes.
History of PHI
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is a holding company formed in 2000 prior to the merger between Pepco (POM) and Conectiv (CIV). Conectiv comprised two utilities, Atlantic City Electric and Delmarva Power, while Pepco included both the utility and Pepco Energy Services. In 2005, Atlantic City Electric and Delmarva Power resumed their heritage brand names as part of PHI's efforts to reinforce its connections to the local communities its utility companies serve.